Friday, February 15, 2013

Above







When you have not seen blue sky or sun for days due to an inversion I suggest you lace up some running shoes and get above it.  During an inversion there really is sun shining.  It is just hard to believe that is true when you are stuck in the fog down below.  (There are a hundred life lessons you can learn from an inversion.)  I had to get to the sun so I ran above the fog, literally.

I headed up the trails and the farther up I got the less ice and fog there was.  After only 15 minutes or so I started to see light through the trees, I was actually smiling and trying to run to the light faster.  The farther up the hill I got the brighter the light got until I reached the top and this is what I found.  Sun, blue sky and the most amazing view of the inversion, which from above was quite beautiful.  My good friend Meg met me at the top too.  We live in a beautiful world.

We found a few other sun seekers up there.  We all felt the same way.




1 comment:

Meg said...

I love everything about this post.
Everything!
The picture of us means more than what anyone can see when they look at it...anyone, but me and you, I guess.
Oh, and the picture with the sun behind you is so cool!
What a memory!
Thanks for making it happen.

 
site design by designer blogs