Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Other forest shenanigans...here comes the bride?


 




Did you know trail runners are crazy? Not just for the distances but other things. Like getting married during a 31+ mile race at an aid station. At mile 18 it happened. Two people, complete strangers to me, ran 18 miles, had some water and power food, then walked down the trail to be married by the two race directors, really.


The bride wore a lovely white running skirt and top and a white veil that flowed in the race breeze.  Her attendants wore matching purple running skirts and aqua tops and had a little bouquet of flowers in their water bottle holsters, my favorite little detail. 

The groom wore grey shorts, a black top, vest and bow tie. 

The trail was lined with friends and strangers (like me), some holding tree branches.  The view was beautiful.  Wedding cake could be eaten at all of the aid stations following the wedding.

The men dressed like Bavarian Barmaids?  Crazy guys who were running the race, heard there was to be a wedding, got costumes and designated themselves as flower girls.  I won't mention what they carried in their baskets. 

The ceremony was short and sweet.  Vows, rings, kisses and clapping,  then back to the 31+ mile race.   

What a memory right? 

I did hear the bride and groom were having another ceremony at a Vineyard, but the one I saw was something to remember.

*Maybe I could become a trail wedding photographer since I had to run a few miles with my camera to get to the wedding.  Of course, I was really running to see Eric but the wedding fit in quite nicely.  Even if it did make me miss Eric at the next aid station.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Ya, you got some great shots! Nice work. You should post them or send them to the race organizers to add to their photos, which haven't been good in the past! This could be a whole new side of the Mac 50.

Anonymous said...

how bizarre!

 
site design by designer blogs