Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mom days...
















Some days I feel like a crappy Mom.  I won't go into details but yesterday was one of those days.  Late in the afternoon we headed to the tall grass, flowers and sun.  Sierra was picking wildflowers and loving every minute of the dreamy meadow.  When I went in to my room at night I found a flower bouquet and a little note that said this:

To the best Mom ever…


Dear Mom,

You are the best Mom ever! I know that sometimes it’s frustrating being a Mom, but you’re a stupendous Mom anyway. You make the best dinners, especially chicken soup. You help me learn to make food, and you always listen to me when I’m speaking. You help me learn to sew lots of things. Thank you for being such a great Mom.

Love,
Sierra

What a way to turn a crappy Mom day into a stupendous Mom day!  That girl sure is a keeper. 

3 comments:

Kara said...

Sweet! The fact that you are taking your kids to frolic in meadows is evidence of how not crappy you are and the fact that you made a daughter that sweet is more evidence!

TysonTheProgrammer said...

It is nice to know that even one of the moms I strive to be more like, has crappy mom days. Good job Sierra!

The Boys Club plus a girl! said...

You are a fantastic mother, Cherie! And Sierra hit the nail on the head! Even though it's difficult, you still are fantastic, cause you keep going, doing the best you can... even in stressful moments! You are wonderful!

 
site design by designer blogs