Thursday, April 28, 2011
Paper Extreme...
Sierra's 3rd grade class have been working on creating their own businesses. They are in different groups and have made their own stores. Sierra's store is called Paper Extreme. Allie and I went in a few weeks ago to "shop" at all of the stores. I took pictures and somehow erased them all. Dang! Sierra's store consists of 4 girls and one boy and as her teacher told me, "they are very industrious."
They make pictures, paper dolls, clothes for the paper dolls, little paper bags, and origami items. Sierra loves to create things and expanded her store by making a few felt purses. She shut herself in the office one day after school and sewed a little purse, start to finish on her own. They auctioned the purse off and a boy in the class "bought" it for his Mom for Mother's Day. I wish I had those pictures, it will be such a great 3rd grade memory that will get fuzzy with time.
Here is a letter from Sierra's friend that made me smile.
Thank you for playing tether ball with me and for just being yourself. I am also sorry that Sofia quit Paper Extreme. I hope Paper Extreme will recover.
By the way you know what paper doll I ordered? When I am able to pay for it.
Your friend
(In Sofia's defense I don't think she quit, she is just on a very long trip.)
I love this age. Still kids doing kid things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment