Monday, January 24, 2011
Buckle, ball, baseball, bye and book...
I want to remember this stage of Garrett's life. He is reaching the age where a baby fades and a 2 year old emerges. He is my baby but he doesn't act like one anymore. His vocabulary is growing daily, he eats on his own, he loves to play with trains, cars, balls and horses. He fights to get what he wants and everyone including the neighbors can hear his voice when things are not going his way.
He still climbs on everything. Cries if the door opens and he isn't going outside or shouts BYE! when someone leaves. He wakes up from a nap and calls MOM! DAD! MOM! until we retrieve him. He likes books that have pictures of animals or trains. He never seems to stop being busy. He claps and cheers when others are clapping and mimics the kids, not always good. He is fun to play with because the smallest things will make him laugh.
It hit me hard the other day that the baby I gave birth to almost two years ago is changing and growing fast. I look forward to see what my kids grow up to become but I will miss the days that I held babies in my arms.
His word list at 22 months:
cold, dog, bye, buckle, ball, baseball, Mom, Dad, Mae (Mason), choo-choo, car, bus, mailman, oatmeal, mine, "Mo" (no), nana (banana), night, night, shoe, sock, tractor, hot, bowl, cracker, fish, chair, bath, shirt, book, bean, cheese, toast, deer, baa, moo, bike and water.
The kids want me to add stashio (pistachio). I don't know if he knows what one is but he can repeat it and it sounds pretty funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow - look at you - nice depth of field!
Post a Comment